Powered By Blogger

Not Your Language? Click here!

Sunday 9 December 2012

Long Time No See

Gosh..it's been a LONG time since I've updated. The last blog post was on 26th August. I apologize unreservedly for my absence.

I have two lame reasons:

1. Exams

2. Refer to 1 

I'm really SORRY that I couldn't update. If you stopped reading my blog, that's okay. I deserve it. Whatever. No sense kicking myself now. I guess now I'll blog about my..recent..events?

26th August to 10th December:

Boringness all the way. Oh, I went for my school's 3 day 2 nights camp at the Singapore Zoo. It was pretty good, except for the:

1) Bathing arrangements

2) Weather

I guess the weather wasn't their fault. The clouds above Singapore have gone on a strike recently. But the bathing arrangements weren't very good. Each class (there were eight classes in total, with about 30-37 people each) had only 15 minutes to bathe. But I suppose they had to give us really little time. Sigh. We had to double up into small cubicles. And the worst thing was that were only three shower places (as in places with shower cubicles) in the zoo! One was in the male toilet, the other was in the female toilet, and the last one was unisex. The first day was so-so, I guess. I had to change really fast, though, but on the whole I was fine.


The second day, things were really hectic. Some idiot delayed everyone and we had to rush like mad. The boys started sneaking into the girls' toilets to bathe and waltzed out after that. Because of that, I had to wait even longer and even asked my form teacher if I could just skip the entire bathing process. She said we could bathe at night, but no one would be able to supervise us (I thought this was unfair; the teachers bathed at night - actually, my partner and I actually found our English teacher in the toilet drying her hair the first night - awkward!). SO we had to bathe.

By the time we actually got to the door of the toilet, there was even more rush - dinner started in fifteen minutes - so we asked if we could go to the boys' toilets. They said they had to clear the male toilets first - again, I thought this was unfair. The boys went in when there were girls!! But we had to wait. So after the male toilet was cleared, about eight girls (including me) doubled up and went to bathe in four cubicles.

It was horrible. The ground was grimy and dirty, and at one point when I stuck my leg in to rinse off some soap, I felt something hot hit my ankle. It was PEE!!!! MY PARTNER PEED ON ME! 

After I rid my leg of pee, we had to change. I changed uncomfortably - did I mention I absolutely detest changing while I'm wet? And my towel was wet from the previous day. And my partner forgot to bring a towel. We ran out of that hellhole two minutes later.

At least that night, we went over to the campfire. It was really fun, and the bonfire was awesome. 

And that's my story. I hope I've satisfied you guys. And I'll try to update frequently, but from the 14th to the 30th I won't be in Singapore - I'll be in Copenhagen, so these few days before I leave I'll try hard to entertain you guys with stories, okay?

Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment