Powered By Blogger

Not Your Language? Click here!

Monday 5 March 2012

Newspaper Article: Drug Abuser

I read the newspaper article about- hey wait, I need the disclaimer. Me: oi! Reporter! Get your big butt here! Random reporter: Hmm? Me: do a disclaimer for me. Reporter: ok. Me: what? You're actually OBLIGED to do it for me? You're not demanding anything? Reporter: hmm. Now that you say it, maybe I do want something. I just want an interview. Me: ok thanks.... *marvels at reporter* Reporter: ok then. This person going under the alias Scribbler does not own the Straits Times. Unfortunately, she owns me. Me: hey thanks. Reporter: you're welcome. Call me mr. Manager. Me: can I just call you Manny? Reporter (now Manny) : okay. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok I love this disclaimer. This article I read was in the Straits Times (Home) on March 5 2012. On the front cover, there is a story about a woman called 'Sally' who had to go to take a urine test three times a week to make sure she abstained from drugs. She started taking drugs when she was thirteen and stopped after 13 years when she was 26. According to her, after going for the urine, other drug abusers met up with her and asked her whether she had some 'langgar' Langgar is a slang for drugs. The journalist who wrote this is called Lee Xin En. *Manny butts in* 'Scribbler' does not own Lee Xin En. Lee Xin En is a wonderful journalist so how can Scribbler- Me: That's enough! Good Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment